Short information about the organisation: MONA Foundation was created with the objective for resolving the problem of chimpanzees and other primates who are illegally in Spain. Its main objective is to rescue, rehabilitate and re-socialize those primates that barely survived their appalling conditions and have been used in circuses, advertising or kept as pets. In addition, we work to conscious future generations to know, understand, respect and above all protect our environment, to ensure their conservation. More information: www.fundaciomona.org
Description of activities:
- Cleaning and maintaining of the facilities (e.g. constructing hammocks)
- Learning the administration and processing of the diets of primates (chimpanzees and macaques group)
- Cleaning bedrooms and facilities of the primates
- Maintenance, attending trade fairs, office tasks, search for materials or food
- Learning basic techniques of observation and recording the behaviour
- Development of enrichment for primates: invent/create activities that can stimulate and be therapeutic to help the animals overcome fears, encourage activity and positive behavious in general, eradicating stereotypes or abnormal behaviour.
Participants will receive instructions by all experts team of Primate Keepers.
Duration: May 2018 to May 2019. Application deadline 5th January 2018.
Timetable: 4 days a week, 8 hours per day. Two days off (any day of the week) plus an additional language day to study Catalan.
Financial contribution: The European Commission subsidizes the costs of travel, accommodation, food, pockeet money, local transportation, language classes and health insurance. Participants will receive language support three hours a week through online course to learn Catalan. After, they will attend language course in person and also be provided with a language partner for conversation. Volunteers will also learn Spanish language during their stay, it will be the common language with the team and also English.
Participants will live in the MONA house in separate bedrooms with kitchen/living room and bathroom.
How to apply: Send motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 5th January 2018